Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Chicago Cubs

I am taking a break. I don't want to think about, talk about, hear about, dream about, or see anything about the Chicago Cubs for a long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long time. What an agonizing, embarrassing, humiliating, utterly depressing post-season. Almost ruined my vacation. So, I need a break. From the Cubs, from baseball, for a while. I'm not going to watch ESPN. I'm not going to look at the amazingly beautiful, framed homage to Ryne Sandberg that's currently on the wall of my office (and may be taken down for a while). I'm not going to go to any zoos because I might see baby bears. I don't want to come to your world series party, and I don't want to hear about who the Cubs are rumored to pick up, will pick up, or did pick up on the free agent market during the off-season. I'll just be surprised in April. I can't handle it. I'm not done for good, but I can't bear to think about this even for a second. For a while. So please, if you see me or talk to me on the phone, please talk to me about something else. Anything else. Seriously. I'd rather talk about knitting or quilting (no offense Allison or mom - I know those two things are very exciting). Thanks. Now, what am I going to do with all this free time that just opened up in my life...?

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Does this mean you will be parking your Blackberry?

Allison said...

free time ... I have some shoe moulding with your name on it!
Be careful with your knitting/quilting comment. Your head could be very chilly this winter without a warm knitted cap.