Thursday, July 16, 2009

Rough Neighborhood

As I was walking to my car the other day I noticed this in the grass next to our driveway.













You can imagine my shock and anxiety at finding this outside of my own home. My gut reaction was worry that it could belong to one of our two cats. Then upon further inspection I knew that there is no way their paws could work that tiny trigger. But it is still disturbing to know that some small creature is packing heat in our yard. Could it be the chipmunks, squirrels, moles or rabbits? Could this be a sign of neighborhood gang activity? I occasionally find evidence of violent rodent activity but I have always blamed it on our cats not cleaning up after themselves. But upon finding this I realize that I may have been wrong. I don't know much about guns but it appears to be automatic or semiautomatic with the capacity to hold numerous rounds of ammunition. It is a good thing my friend Ian is knowledgeable regarding small arms. I will be sending this to Maryland for his analysis as soon as I receive his new address.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

This may complicate the sale of your home if word gets out.