Saturday, June 30, 2007

Baby shower with the girls

The gals in my small group at church held a wonderful shower for us. I want to say thanks to them for all their hard work - it truly was a blessing and a really great time to get together with the women in my life that make it special and encourage me on a daily basis. Bridgette, Steph & Carlye gather around. Note the 3-tiered cake creation (made of diapers, baby creams and a large nipple brush) that Jessica made. It was truly a feat and I can't imagine how long it took to construct.
Cressie, Kelly & Kristin sit at the table and sign some secret book I wasn't allowed to see.
Jena, Michelle & Annette posing. Note: anyone who sat near Michelle usually wasn't wearing a pacifier necklace. Why? She has the uncanny talent of not saying the word "baby" as well as pointing out when others do. She won the "can't say the word baby" contest by a landslide.
Brad's mom flew all the way from Little Rock to come and visit. It was really neat to have my mom (far left) and her (middle) with me that night.
I am so blessed to have so many amazing ladies in my life. I am surrounded by so many women who are wise in the ways of motherhood and it is great to have such an extensive source for advice. Not only that, but seeing their love for Christ and the way that pours out into their family life has been really humbling and inspiring.

2 comments:

sarah said...

looks like it was good times at the france's! sorry i missed it. we'll see you cats soon!

Jude said...

glad you enjoyed the shower, it was fun to attend too! :)