Thursday, January 24, 2008

Things that make me smile

Maybe it is my marketing side but I have always been intrigued by product packaging and labeling. Since these are the cold and cloudy days of winter I can't resist sharing.



This is an actual package of drinking straws - no photoshoping has taken place. Note that the label claims "waterproof".


I bought this new cereal because I am a sucker for cereal that is high in protein. I didn't notice until I got home that it claims "natural flavor with other natural flavor". I am not sure what that means but they do also reassure me that it is great tasting.


... and from the inside of our dryer. "Anything flammable" covers a lot of stuff, except maybe those special outfits firefighters wear. I also love that it says "death, explosion or fire". I love that they added the explosion or fire, as if the death part wouldn't stop you on its own.

1 comment:

grk said...

As for the straws, all I can say is, ahh 'Value'.

The dryer warnings are amazing, as well as those on most industrial equipment. My favorites are the 'corrosive' and 'can crush your hand in gear'. The diagrams are great.

The new grandfather of them all may perhaps be, "Caution, Hot", on the coffee cup.